mkhomedir.so is missing =(

JP jprez1980 at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 23 06:10:12 PST 2005

Unfortunately I don't think it would work in my case although its a good idea.  My problem is that my Windows 2000 Server (PDC) contains all the user information and FreeBSD authenticates against it.  Supposedly, a person telneting in would be authenticated with winbind and if no home directory exists it would be created by the mkhomedir.so file.  It doesn't appear that many people have experienced missing this file, not having much luck finding anything on google about it.

JP

fandino <fandino at ng.fadesa.es> wrote:
JP wrote:
> I need some help trying to locate or how to obtain/build a file
> named "mkhomedir.so" this file is needed to create home directories
> after logging in successfully though winbind. I am running FreeBSD 5.3
> Release, and Samba 3. I am unable to locate this file anywhere.

I'm using "preexec" as a workaround to the missing mkhomedir.

[homes]
comment = Home Directories
valid users = %S
path = /samba/%u
read only = No
browseable = No
# automatic home directories creation
root preexec = if [ ! -d "/samba/%u/" ] ;\
then { mkdir -p "/samba/%u/.winprofile" ;\
chown -R %u "/samba/%u" ; \
chmod -R 0700 "/samba/%u" ;} ; \
fi