date change

Chris Knipe savage at savage.za.org
Tue Mar 22 15:23:09 PST 2005

Lo all,

Firstly, I am well aware of the implications, risks, and everything else associated with this... Unfortunately due to means out of my control, I have no alternative, and quite frankly, this is on a very secure system where no one has access to.... :>

Right.

How / what do I change (I presume this is kernel level) in order to allow root AND normal users to be able to set the system date via the 'date' command?  I would actually prefer to juse allow uid 0 (root) plus one additional uid to be able to change it.

I had a look at /usr/src/bin/date but couldn't really find anything there - hence, I am presuming the limitation is coming from the kenrel.

If anyone can be of some aid, I'll appreciate it allot.  This is currently on a 4.10 system, I will more than likely upgrade it to 5.x-STABLE in the near future.

Regards,
Chris.