OpenBSD's pf and traffic

Eugene M. Minkovskii emin at mccme.ru
Tue Mar 22 11:14:50 PST 2005

On Tue, Mar 22, 2005 at 02:28:09PM +0100, Peter N. M. Hansteen wrote:
" "Eugene M. Minkovskii" <emin at mccme.ru> writes:
"
" > Unfortunely, this mean, that OpenBSD's pf can not measure
" > traffic, because we can not separate incoming and outgoing
" > traffic in bidirectional rule. Or we must not use keep state
" > feature.
"
" I think I understand what you mean - you do not want per connection
" statistics, you want packets passed by direction, regardless of which
" side initiated the traffic, subdivided by pass rule. At the moment I'm
" not sure how to put that into pf.conf rules, but you may want to go
" where the real pf experts hang out - pf at benzedrine.cx - and see if
" there's an angle we haven't thought of.
"

Yes, now you understand me right. Sorry my bad english :).

pf at benzedrine.cx is it mail-list or private e-mail. Does I need
to register anywhere before mail to it?

--
Sensory  yours, Eugene  Minkovskii