NIC nVidia nForce MCP Network Adapter based on Realtek 8201BL PHY

Gert Cuykens gert.cuykens at gmail.com
Tue Mar 22 09:44:33 PST 2005

On Tue, 22 Mar 2005 17:46:15 +0100, Rafal Swiderski <gonzak at klub.chip.pl> wrote:
> > > Adapter
> > >
> > > Hello,
> > >
> > > If you are using 5.3, try the nv driver in ports/net/. After
> > > building it, load it as a kernel module. I know it works for
> > > MCP2. This may be available in earlier versions, too; I do not
> > > know.
> > >
> > > good luck,
> > >
> > > stheg
> > >

> > So does this mean i can use my NIC on my asus sk8n (nforce 3 chip) too ?
>
> Yes, my motherboard is asus a7n8x-x (nForce2) and my NIC card work corretly
> after i installed driver nv

Alrighdy :) The kldload if_nv.ko works when i do ifconfig and plug in
the network cable i see nv0 going from inacative to active :)

But when i edit boot/load.conf and rc.conf my sk8n amd64 keeps on
rebooting just right before showing me the bsd boot menu ?

I guess this means i need to use a boot cd to fix this ?