OpenBSD's pf and traffic

Eugene M. Minkovskii emin at mccme.ru
Tue Mar 22 05:09:16 PST 2005

"
" In a word, yes. The 'keep state' in these examples, would AFAIK mean
" that the counters would keep track of all traffic for a connection, so
" traffic initiated from the inside would match the pass out rule's
" counters, while connections opened from the outside would count on the
" pass in rules.
"

Unfortunely, this mean, that OpenBSD's pf can not measure
traffic, because we can not separate incoming and outgoing
traffic in bidirectional rule. Or we must not use keep state
feature.

--
Sensory  yours, Eugene  Minkovskii
Сенсорно ваш,   Евгений Миньковский