NIC won't DHCP or configure

Charles Swiger cswiger at mac.com
Mon Mar 21 11:12:25 PST 2005

Hi, Andrew--

On Mar 21, 2005, at 1:54 PM, Andrew Robinson wrote:
> It makes me wonder if FreeBSD is identifying the card as something
> different than it is.  Is that possible?  What next steps might be
> useful for me to take?

Take a look at the output of "pciconf -v -l".  The odds are that it
lists a PCI ID for your NIC that the FreeBSD driver doesn't know about.

Use that information to update /usr/src/sys/pci/if_rlreg.h and
/usr/src/sys/dev/re/if_re.c, and see whether that gets you a working
driver.  If you're not sure how to do this, post the pciconf info for
just your NIC so that others can try to update the code and get you a
working driver...

--
-Chuck