open office freeze

FreeBSD Questions freebsd.questions at gmail.com
Mon Mar 21 08:38:37 PST 2005

I too have this problem on my laptop.  I was wondering if there is any
trick to killing a run away process like open office.  I have tried to
kill -9 it to no avail and killing its parent process only makes it
change its parent process to init.  I usually end up restarting but
that is sub optimal.  There must be some way to kill a process
regardless of its state.