Adaptec Information I have received

Theo de Raadt deraadt at cvs.openbsd.org
Sun Mar 20 17:13:35 PST 2005

I have received information from a few sources that indicates that
Adaptec does not have documentation on their management interface
in-house.  They only have a source-code implimentation, for a variety
of models.

So that is perhaps why they are so slow.

That does however speak rather badly.  I have not encountered a
vendor without even internal documentation for their products in
quite a while.

Companies you've probably rarely heard of like Zydas, Atmel, Symbol
have documentation for their wireless chipsets.

The Adaptec SCSI chipset documentation that we dragged out of Adaptec
about 8 years ago or so was 12 books.

I hope this is not true.  Any ex-Adaptec employees want to set the
record straight (and please tell the truth..)