Adaptec AAC raid support

Adam suck at my-balls.com
Sun Mar 20 10:26:20 PST 2005

On Sun, 20 Mar 2005 11:17:10 -0500, Charles Swiger <cswiger at mac.com> wrote:
> I don't think Adaptec is special.  It's normal for companies to enter
> into a NDA agreement with their partners, and I'd bet a dollar to a
> donut that LSI, Promise, 3ware, and other vendors of RAID hardware also
> have NDA agreements which would prevent those companies from making
> every single internal document available to the public.

Then you have no idea what you are talking about.  Ask them, there is
nothing special about their products that requires an NDA between them
and their "partners".  The aren't saying they can't release the docs
because
of NDAs, so why are you making up such a rediculous excuse for them?

> You've given them an ultimatum, and they've said no.  I've dealt with a
> few people who have told me "do it my way, or else".  I've chosen the
> "or else" part without any regret whatsoever: I make my own decisions,
> nobody else, and the people who have tried to control my decisions have
> gotten exactly nothing from me as a result.  Nor will they, ever.

No, they haven't said anything.  Do you have even a basic grasp of what is
going on?  Adaptec was asked for info, they said "we will stall for a long
time and maybe give you something that might be close to what you want
someday".  So Theo is asking for Adaptec's customers to tell them that this
matters.  If Adaptec chooses to say no, then that's fine.  They can lose
all the business they want.  In the mean time, everyone who wasted their
money on adaptec hardware is free to tell adaptec that they are losing
customers.  I'm sorry if you feel that corporations should be shielded
 from critisism from their customers, but that's not how the world works.

> Do you claim to speak for Adaptec?  Your words are dangerously
> ill-chosen if you do not work for Adaptec, because you are misleading
> people about the company and about their products.

Quit being such a corporate apologist.  They refuse to give out the info
required to use their hardware.  That prevents people from using it.  So
they obviously don't want people to buy their hardware.  Either that or
they don't realize its costing them money to be stupid like this, which
is the entire point of this, demonstrating to them that this will cost
them money.

> You remind me of someone I knew once that went off the deep end into
> paranoid delusions.  I once tried to explain to that person that, no,
> nobody was spying on me, or on him either.  I think someone spying on me
> would be bored, quite frankly.

You remind me of an asskisser that thinks apologizing for, and making
excuses for others will get you favour in some way.  I doubt adaptec
will give you anything for making retarded excuses for them that don't
even make sense, so you can stop.  If adaptec has a reason why they won't
let people use their hardware, they can tell their customers what that
reason is, they don't need you making up excuses.

> Children learn to accept "no" in the process of growing up.  They learn
> to deal with the world not giving them anything and everything the child
> might demand, the moment it is demanded.

And adults learn that businesses like money, and showing businesses how
they will lose money by making certain decisions can effect those
decisions.
Maybe you should take some more time to understand what is actually
happening
instead of making snide remarks about what you wrongly percieve is
happening.

Adam