Stupid ASCII loader prompt

cpghost at cordula.ws cpghost at cordula.ws
Sun Mar 20 02:46:37 PST 2005

On Sat, Mar 19, 2005 at 03:58:53PM -0500, Jerry McAllister wrote:
> > Not true, based on the heavy response on this issue on the mailing lists
> > every time it comes up.
>
> Oh come on.   All that noise is from the same eight or ten people, while the
> thousands just ignore it and hope it will go away.

Jerry, just because people don't spam the lists any further, doesn't
mean it's not important to them. Behind the scenes, there's a lot of
grumbling about this issue both in Unix User Groups and among sysadmins.

The recent anti-beastie push (no, not necessarily the logo contest alone,
but the complete campaign, even against the loader prompt!) is generating
bad karma all over the place, and a lot of people, esp. outside the US,
are really bewildered, why this is happening *right now*.

It is a bikeshed discussion. I wished it would go away, together with
the few anti-beastie campaign(ers). Please leave things as they are.
There's no need to paint that bikeshed again; it is just fine.

Regards,
-cpghost.

--
Cordula's Web. http://www.cordula.ws/