Recommendations for "All-in-One" device?

Brian J. McGovern mcgovern at beta.com
Sat Mar 19 05:29:54 PST 2005

I'm currently in the market for an "All-in-One" device for the home network,
mostly for the fax functionality (it'll be replacing an Canon scanner and
Okidata 810e laser printer). Before anyone suggests their favorite FreeBSD
Fax modem/app, I'll let it be known that I've been told that the expectation
is that we'll have a "normal" looking/working fax machine for the house ;)

I've searched the mailing lists for "All-in-One", and tried searches on
printers, scanners, copiers, and faxes individually with no real good hits.

I'm somewhat curious about the HPs, but wanted to get people's experiences
with different devices, and what works/doesn't work with FreeBSD.

	-B