network: not found messages

Timothy Radigan tradigan at newrevolutions.net
Fri Mar 18 06:14:00 PST 2005

Hey all,

I've been running into some issues booting up and starting certain services.
During boot up, I see a lot of "network: not found" messages.  Also, when I
try to start samba, I get that message and even though smbd starts, nmbd
does not start and gives me the error described above.  I also see it when
starting ProFTPd as well as some other services.

I've checked and double checked my rc.conf and don't see anything wrong with
it.  Anyone have any ideas?  I'll post any configuration files that people
would like to see.  Thanks!

Tim