ssh security

Stian Øvrevåge sovrevage at gmail.com
Fri Mar 18 04:09:35 PST 2005

Another problem is the Man-in-the-Middle problem, where you are led to
believe that you are communicating with your home-computer, but your
session is relayed on through a decrypting/encrypting gateway which is
under someone else's controll.

To counteract this, you should obtain your home-computer's SSH
fingerprint, and verify that this is in fact the machine you are
connecting to when launching putty at school.

Regards, Stian