PCMCIA Network card not recognized during install

TN eyefull at eml.cc
Fri Mar 18 03:54:02 PST 2005

I have a 560E Thinkpad with a floppy and no CD Drive, with a 3CCE589ET
pccard nic (supported by ep(4)). I know that everything is fully
functional because all components work when booted from tom's root boot
linux floppy (www.toms.net/rb/). I want to do a FTP install from a
floppy boot, but sysinstall isn't recognizing the network card at all.
If I go to Configure->Choose Media->FTP, but ep0 is not detected. I even
tried putting if_ep.ko and pccard.ko on a floppy from a seperate machine
(same release) and loaded them, but no luck. What am I doing wrong?

P.S. This is 5.3-RELEASE. Should I try an older release?

  eyefull at eml.cc