5.3-release fine with 512MB RAM, reboots at times with 1.5GB (but no panic)

Kris Kennaway kris at FreeBSD.org
Thu Mar 17 09:59:14 PST 2005

On Wed, Mar 16, 2005 at 07:29:43PM -0800, Jean Lagarde wrote:
> Thanks to all who replied. So it seems the consensus is a likely
> hardware issue, and I am leaning that way as well now. I will try the
> suggestion about disabling ACPI however.
>
> To address some of the other comments, that exact CPU-mobo-memory
> configuration worked fine running Win2000 for many years, so I doubt it
> is the problem per se.

Doesn't rule out bugs in the ACPI support of your motherboard.  Some
low-quality motherboards only implement an approximation to the ACPI
spec to a level that gets windows to run.

Kris