Ethernet issue: works one way but not another

John A. johna9999 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 17 08:21:48 PST 2005

The system uses a standard installation.  I have only configured the
ethernet card with the proper ip address for the wireless side of the
network.  The windoze box is running M$ firewall, but it works fine
and allows me to ping my gateway and the FBSD box.  What concerns me
at this point is the fact that tcpdump takes so long to respond.  If I
let it run, it will display a packet about one every 2 min.  They seem
to be in time order with timestamps only ms apart.

Let me know if any other information will help.

John A.