How much HDD space does FreeBSD need?

Soo-Hyun Choi shchoi at gmail.com
Thu Mar 17 05:58:30 PST 2005

Hi,

I'm wondering how much HDD space does FreeBSD need in a normal
installation. What I mean by the normal installation includes 'Full
X-Development' packages with Gnome. Oh, It's 5.3-RELEASE.

My HDD has 10G space for FreeBSD and I installed onto that space. The
FreeBSD installation was of no problem. However, once I tried to
upgrade Gnome 2.8 to 2.10, I've faced up a warning message at some
point that I am running out of HDD space. (I just executed the
recommend upgrade shell script from http://www.FreeBSD.org/gonme/)

Is 10G HDD space is not good enough?

Soo-Hyun