Question

Marco Greene (ML) mweg at sympatico.ca
Wed Mar 16 16:40:33 PST 2005

>From the handbook....

version-bootonly.iso - Everything you need to boot into a FreeBSD kernel and
start the installation interface. The installable files have to be pulled
over FTP or some other supported source.

version-mini.iso - Everything you need to install FreeBSD.

version-disc1.iso - Everything you need to install FreeBSD, and as many
additional third party packages as would fit on the disc.

version-disc2.iso - A ``live filesystem'', which is used in conjunction with
the ``Repair'' facility in sysinstall. A copy of the FreeBSD CVS tree. As
many additional third party packages as would fit on the disc.

I usually use CD1.