PPPoE ip-up/ip-down

Marco Greene mwgreene at sympatico.ca
Wed Mar 16 05:16:40 PST 2005

Hi all,

I have found a few postings regarding the /etc/ppp/ip-up and ip-down scripts
and the fact that they do not work.  I am experiencing the same thing and I
have tried all of the hints that I found in those threads but with little
success.  I would really like to use these scripts.  Are there any hints?

-I have set the permissions to 555
-#!/bin/sh is the first line in the script

Are there any other things that I may have missed?

Note:  pppoe is setup as per the handbook with a few modifications as found
on one of the links given by the handbook.

Thanks,
Marco