mozilla port issues

Michael C. Shultz ringworm01 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 16 02:14:25 PST 2005

On Wednesday 16 March 2005 12:50 am, Ben Munat wrote:
> I've been working on upgrading 85 ports with portmanager -u for the
> last couple days. Had to restart it a few times, but little by little
> it seems to be whittling down the number of outstanding packages.
>
> Couple questions though...
>
> 1) a lot of the gnome stuff doesn't seem to be getting done... did I
> read something recently about portmanager not being able to upgrade
> gnome currently? Or some difficulty with gnome?
>
> 2) several of my remaining ports say that they're waiting on
> mozilla-1.7.5_1,2 as a dependency, but if I try to upgrade that, it
> stops, saying there are security issues with mozilla and I need to
> update my ports tree. I've updated several times however... What else
> do I need to do?
>
> 3) portmanager periodically says that it's missing
> nautilus-media-0.8.1_1... any idea why that would be?

nautilus-media-0.8.1_1 is no longer in ports, see the bottom
of /usr/ports/MOVED.  Eventually when the ports that used to depend on
it are upgraded you will stop seeing that message,

> thnks,
>
> Ben
>
> PS: crap, I just remembered the UPDATING file... I see in there that
> I can't use portupgrade to update gnome... does that mean it won't
> work with portmanager either?

Until the upgrade is done you should set
DISABLE_VULNERABILITIES="YES" in your make file. portmanager will be
able to do the upgrade, but when it can't upgrade one port like mozilla
it won't upgrade anything that depends on mozilla either.

-Mike