D-Link NIC.

Fabian Keil freebsd-listen at fabiankeil.de
Tue Mar 15 02:03:58 PST 2005

Fabian Keil <freebsd-listen at fabiankeil.de> wrote:

> gabriel <normal1.lists at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Thats a good script. How did you install the ndis driver/wrapper? -
> > Cause I think some of the problem may be there.
>
> I copied the files "w22n50.sys" and "w22n51.inf" out of the
> Windows partition to /usr/src/sys/modules/if_ndis,
>
> ndiscvt -i w22n51.inf -s w22n50.sys ndis_driver_data.h
> make install
>
> did the rest.

After updating to 5.4-PRERELEASE yesterday and trying to rebuild
if_ndis, I noticed that the above is incomplete. The correct way
to generate the ndis_driver_data.h is:

ndiscvt -i w22n51.inf -s w22n50.sys -o ndis_driver_data.h

Otherwise the header is printed to stdout.

Regards
Fabian
--
http://www.fabiankeil.de