firefox share profile in freebsd and windows!

heccj heccj at 163.com
Mon Mar 14 19:15:17 PST 2005

Ean Kingston said the following on 03/15/05 11:01:

>>>Why? Because Windows XP and FreeBSD are completely different operating
>>>systems. Their binaries are not compatible.

>>>If you can figure out how to keep the extensions directories separate
>>>while keeping the rest of the preferences the same it should work.
>>>
>>>At the worst, you could export your bookmarks from one and import them
>>>into the other. Then you would just have to go through the preferences
>>>and make sure the settings are the same otherwise.
>>
>>The bookmarks and history or other data can share correctly,
>
> Good.
>
>>just
>>extesions!Some extensions can setup into the firefox program dir in
>>windows(can in freebsd?),
>

> I'm not sure what you are trying to say.
just extensions can't work correctly.If all the extension can setup at
firefox main  direcotory,this is not a problem,i can setup in windows
and freebsd individually.Unfortunetly,only seral extension can setup
like that!

>>but most just setup into the profile extesions
>>dir.
>

> I believe you can simply move the extension to the global extensions directory
> and restart Firefox.
I have tried,if the extesions at profile directory are moved into
firefox's main directory,firefox can not find this extensions at all.