mergemaster problem

Jason Henson jason at ec.rr.com
Mon Mar 14 18:12:56 PST 2005

On 03/14/05 00:02:43, masterkev28 masterkev28 wrote:
> Hi,
> I didn't rebuild world, or kernel, however just some regular routine
> portupgrade -a.
> The problem is that no matter what I do with mergemaster, I get this
> error( also the same error occurs on another box of mine), and it
> started happening about a week ago after I did cvsup.
>
> It keeps complaining the line 76~80 in /usr/src/etc/Makefile, where I
> have no idea what's wrong with this file.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Kev

Cvsup!  Cvsup what, the stanard file to upgrade your base system?  You
don't need mergemaster unless you cvsup your base system, and if you
did that and merged the new files, thats bad.  You should rebuild the
world and the kernel then install them.  And don't cvsup unless you
intend to upgrade your base system.  That can put things out of sink.