The options when you install a port!

Ean Kingston ean at hedron.org
Mon Mar 14 10:39:07 PST 2005

> Hi!
> How could i know the options of a port?And Could i set some default
> options?I meet this problem when i setup a big port like gnome2,it needs
> a lot of time,and a lot of confirm dialog will pop out.If i know these
> options and set the values,i can setup these ports without interact!

Read the port makefile. There is usually instructions at the top
explaining the available options. These can be put into /etc/make.conf
(I'm not sure of the syntax).

For example, I recently built mplayer. At the top of
/usr/ports/multimedia/mplayer it says:

# New ports collection makefile for:    mplayer
# Date created:         10 August 2001
nstalL# Whom:                   Thomas E. Zander
#                       with lots of help from Vladimir Kushnir
# $FreeBSD: ports/multimedia/mplayer/Makefile,v 1.111 2005/03/06 10:34:15
oliver
 Exp $
#
# There are many knobs to tune mplayer towards your specific wishes
# and preferences.
# You can activate a knob by typing something like
# "make -DKNOB" or "make KNOB=yes" instead of just "make"
#

It then goes on to explain what all the 'KNOB's are.

--
Ean Kingston
    E-Mail: ean_AT_hedron_DOT_org