What's the easiest way to do a backup and verify?

Svein Halvor Halvorsen svein.h at lvor.halvorsen.cc
Mon Mar 14 08:28:50 PST 2005

* Jerry McAllister [2005-03-14 10:30 -0500]

:
>  Most places cannot afford to make file systems completely unavailable
>  for periods of time long enough (several hours, up to a couple of days)
>  to allow dump to be run twice without any changes being made to the
>  file system.

Note the OP's use of the word "snapshot". I think he is right! Or if he
isn't; it has nothing to do with the filesystem beeing changed, but rather
something to do with the way the backup is written to tape. However, I do
think snapshots could be used for exactly this.