CVSROOT directory?

Bill Campbell freebsd at celestial.com
Sun Mar 13 16:21:46 PST 2005

On Mon, Mar 14, 2005, wombat236 at comcast.net wrote:
>Hi Guys,

>I downloaded the entire CVS repository (cvs tree via ftp) to a local
>machine.  However, I did not see a CVSROOT directory.  This is the
>directory that contains all the CVS admin files when you first create a
>repository.  Do I need to download this directory before I can start using
>the repository?  Note that I want all the versions and history, that is why
>I downloaded the whole tree.

The command ``cvs -d path-to-cvsroot init'' will create the
intial CVSROOT.

Bill
--
INTERNET:   bill at Celestial.COM  Bill Campbell; Celestial Software LLC

``Intellectually, teachers fall between education theorists and bright
cocker spaniels. (Probably closer to the education theorists. The AKC has
been doing wonders with spaniels.) If you think I'm kidding look at the
GREs for education majors, whose scores are the lowest of all fields, and
remember that these are the smart ones.'' -- http://www.FredOnEverything.net