portsdb -uU error (I also need some tips)

Fafa Diliha Romanova fteg at london.com
Sun Mar 13 09:09:25 PST 2005

Hello!

There's been a lot of mess in my ports lately.
I want to get rid of this:

pkg_delete: package bsdpan-libwww-perl-5.800 has no origin recorded
pkg_delete: package bsdpan-libwww-perl-5.800 has no origin recorded

Which pops up every time I install/deinstall a port or package.
I have done a 'pkgdb -F' which seemed to work.

Upon 'portsdb -uU' I get:

#########################

Updating the ports index ... Generating INDEX.tmp - please wait..cannot create /tmp/index.UHO8TTKq/INDEX.tmp.desc.german: No such file or directory
*** Error code 2
1 error

Before reporting this error, verify that you are running a supported
version of FreeBSD (see http://www.FreeBSD.org/ports/) and that you
have a complete and up-to-date ports collection.  (INDEX builds are
not supported with partial or out-of-date ports collections -- in
particular, if you are using cvsup, you must cvsup the "ports-all"
collection, and have no "refuse" files.)  If that is the case, then
report the failure to ports at FreeBSD.org together with relevant
details of your ports configuration (including FreeBSD version,
your architecture, your environment, and your /etc/make.conf
settings, especially compiler flags and WITH/WITHOUT settings).

Note: the latest pre-generated version of INDEX may be fetched
automatically with "make fetchindex".

*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports.
No such file or directory - /tmp/INDEX8274.0
portsdb: index chmod error

#########################

So what is this?

Also, can anybody tell me if these commands are all I need to
do a full cleanup and upgrade of my ports?

This is my /root/make.PORTS:

cvsup -g -L 2 /etc/cvsupfile && pkgdb -F && portupgrade -ra && portsdb -uU && portupgrade -ra && pkgdb -F

Thank you all so much!

All the best,
-- Fafa