no flames, please.

Gary Kline kline at tao.thought.org
Fri Mar 11 16:59:20 PST 2005

On Fri, Mar 11, 2005 at 05:49:24PM -0500, Don Tyson wrote:
> I am running XandrOS Linux on an old Digital PC box. It is almost
> scarily Windows-like, but installs in a snap and, if you buy the
> full edition, comes with Crossover Office for all the Windows
> applications you can't wait to run. On another test box (a Dell), MS Office
> ran just fine under XandrOS Linux and Crossover Office.
>
> It updates just like Windows Update (which is good or bad, depending
> on your point of view).

	Or maybe you mean: All the Windows apps you can't wait to
	have crash and burn!!  Can you run this flavor of Linux
	and dual-boot FBSD?  About the *only* thing I want to use
	Win for is the billions and billions of CD apps.  Like
	French, and "make your own greeting cards" and maybe a
	few classic card/board games.

	gary

	PS:  When did DEC ever have a PeeCee?  I remember their
	11/* machines fondly; the next thing I knew they got
	bought out by a PC firm.

--
   Gary Kline     kline at thought.org   www.thought.org     Public service Unix