ng_netlow and mpd

Alexandr Lookoshkoff alcr at inbox.ru
Thu Mar 10 21:04:47 PST 2005

Hello Dmitry,

AL>> I have ip statistics collector based on ng_netflow. It was
AL>> working on old server, but now (server was reinstalled due to HDD
AL>> failure). But now it is working with ethernet interfaces and not
AL>> working with pptp (mpd). All configs and kernel was restored from
AL>> backup. Is there any ideas?

DK> Yes, look if your server sends UDP packets to collector host (even it
DK> is local host). If not, try to cvsup and reinstall net/ng_netflow
DK> port. If yes, look where this packets are dropped.
  Yes, packets with statistics are sent. We have about 120 VLANs and
  30 pptp interfaces. All vlan interfaces has his own ID and it is sent
  back clearly.

  But ng* (pptp interfaces) ignoring command 'setifindex'.
  Command
  ngctl msg <node>: setifindex { iface=207 input=55 output=255 }
  are executed, but no statistics available. Same command to vlan
  interfaces also executed and then statistics is working fine.

  FYI, 'ngctl list' is not working (only first 4k of list available,
  then ngctl hangs). And 'ngctl show ng*:inet' shows me that node type
  is BPF, and vlan interfaces has node type TEE. What does it mean?

===========
+ show vlanXXX:upper
  Name: vlanXXX_tee     Type: tee             ID: 000000dc   Num hooks: 4
  Local hook      Peer name       Peer type    Peer ID         Peer hook
  ----------      ---------       ---------    -------         ---------
  left2right      netflow_orbitel netflow      000000e0        iface1
  right2left      netflow_orbitel netflow      000000e0        iface0
  left            vlanXXX         ether        00000003        upper
  right           vlanXXX         ether        00000003        lower
+ show ngX:inet
  Name: ngX_tee         Type: bpf             ID: 0000004d   Num hooks: 5
  Local hook      Peer name       Peer type    Peer ID         Peer hook
  ----------      ---------       ---------    -------         ---------
  left2right      netflow_orbitel netflow      000000e0        iface204
  right2left      netflow_orbitel netflow      000000e0        iface203
  mpd             <unnamed>       socket       0000004a        demand
  iface           ngX             iface        0000004b        inet
  ppp             mpd3417-pptp1   ppp          0000004c        inet

DK> В-общем, придётся поебаться :)
  Это я уже понял :(

--
WBR