Size of FreeBSD

W. D. WD at US-Webmasters.com
Thu Mar 10 11:35:53 PST 2005

At 12:38 3/10/2005, Mark Goodell wrote:
>THank you Philip, Jerry, Kris:
>
>(Actually, I went back and forth through the website
>literature trying to figure this out, and finally gave
>up.  It may be that the question itself treads on an
>issue that no longer is challenged - the size of OS
>installations.  I'm frustrated that they have to be so
>big.  THank you again for responding.  FreeBSD has
>great logical appeal to me, notwithstanding.)
>Mark
>Mark Goodell
>Richmond, VA

>> terms
>> How

At the bottom of this page is the recommended sizing:
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en/books/handbook/install-steps.html

However, you can get a version of FreeBSD to run from
a single floppy disk:
http://people.freebsd.org/~picobsd/picobsd.html

There are various versions in between these sizes:
http://people.freebsd.org/~picobsd/

A Google search:
http://www.Google.com/search?q=%22FreeBSD-Small%22+site%3AMail-Archive.com

To subscribe to the 'FreeBSD-Small' list:
mailto:freebsd-small-subscribe at freebsd.org

HTH

Start Here to Find It Fast!™ -> http://www.US-Webmasters.com/best-start-page/
$8.77 Domain Names -> http://domains.us-webmasters.com/