how to deal with spam for good?

Bart Silverstrim bsilver at chrononomicon.com
Thu Mar 10 04:59:53 PST 2005

On Mar 9, 2005, at 11:54 PM, Mike Hauber wrote:

> On Wednesday 09 March 2005 10:53 pm, Luciano Musacchio wrote:
>> Hi,
>> I'm wondering, how does this mailing list doesn't get any spam?
>> :), I need to set some filter on my mail server, can some one
>> here give me a hint on this?
>>
>> thanks
>
> heh...  I'm working on that right now, actually...  :)
>
> There are so many options and combinations out there, it wouldn't
> be worth it to list them.
>
> From my experience (somewhat limited)...  If you're running
> sendmail on FreeBSD, then SpamAssassin and clamav running thorugh
> MIMEDefang is probably the best way to go (MIMEDegang is pretty
> cool and it simplifies the whole process...  and it supports a
> lot of other stuff too)

At the moment we're running FreeBSD 4.x with postfix, clamav, and
spamassassin via amavisd-new; after processing the message is injected
into another postfix queue where it's forwarded to an internal mail
server.  Is there an easy way to plug mimedefang into that kind of
setup?  Is there a nice howto on the subject?