how to deal with spam for good?

Charles Swiger cswiger at mac.com
Wed Mar 9 22:50:50 PST 2005

On Mar 9, 2005, at 10:53 PM, Luciano Musacchio wrote:
> I'm wondering, how does this mailing list doesn't get any spam? :),
> I need to set some filter on my mail server, can some one here give
> me a hint on this?

Consider greylisting, amavisd, SpamAssassin, and a virus scanner of
your choice.

Greylisting needs postfix as your MTA at the moment, but is extremely
effective for very few resources.  Perl-based scripts like amavisd and
SA are a lot more resource-intensive, perhaps dspam or other tools
might also be worth looking at if your mail volume is high....

--
-Chuck