How to fix the printing system

Vittorio v.demartino2 at virgilio.it
Wed Mar 9 04:34:09 PST 2005

As a newbye having a go at FreeBSD 5.3 I made a mess with the printing systems
so that now commands such as lpr, lpq, etc  are said by the OS to be
"ambiguous" and nothing works any longer.
As a matter of fact, using the ports,  I have compiled and installed LPRng,
apsfilter, cups, magicfilter over and over again, and now in the
various ../bin or ../sbin dir I find at list a couple of lpr, lpc, lpr, and
so on.

Now I'd like to turn back to the original installation situation, cleaning
everything is useless  (In a nutshell a would go back to a LPD printing
system alone) ** without ** reinstalling FreeBSD from scratch (I compiled
also kde).

Could you please suggest a correct procedure to do it?

Ciao
Vittorio