keyboard problem on laptop.

Dennis Crowley thecrowleys at sbcglobal.net
Tue Mar 8 16:58:32 PST 2005

Hi yall.

I've installed FreeBSD on my old Dell Insperion 7500, which I would like
to use as a router (low power) and network analysis tool.

The problem is that the keyboard driver does not seem to be recognizing
the shift key.  Does this sound wierd (i.e. my hardware) or reasonable
(i.e. wierd but functional hardware with a mismatched driver).

I'm not sure how I would go about trying to correct this issue.

Any ideas where I should begin?

Dennis Crowley.