sendmail.cf and clmilter.sock

Mike Hauber m.hauber at mchsi.com
Mon Mar 7 06:44:34 PST 2005

Alright, this has got me pulling my hair out.

On startup, I'm getting the following error:

/usr/local/sbin/clamav-milter: socket-addr
(/var/run/clamav/clmilter.sock) doesn't agree with sendmail.cf

(error probably wrapped)

/usr/local/etc/rc.d/clamav-milter is unchanged from the install of
security/clamav

/etc/mail/sendmail.mf is the generic file with the following three
lines appended to the end (probably will wrap):

INPUT_MAIL_FILTER(`spamassassin',
`S=local:/var/run/spamass-milter.sock, F=,
T=C:15m;S:4m;R:4m;E:10m')
INPUT_MAIL_FILTER(`clmilter',`S=local:/var/run/clamav/clmilter.sock,F=,
T=S:4m;R:4m')dnl
define(`confINPUT_MAIL_FILTERS', `spamassassin, clmilter')

I'm almost sure I'm overlooking something, but I've gone through
this (restarted from scratch) twice now and I still come up with
the same thing.  Spamassassin is running perfectly, so it's
specific to clamav.

Anyone have any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks,

Mike