Which lib for pthreads?

Jonathon McKitrick jcm at FreeBSD-uk.eu.org
Mon Mar 7 04:22:33 PST 2005

On Sun, Mar 06, 2005 at 08:15:26PM -0500, Chuck Swiger wrote:
: Um.  If you are compiling C++ code into an object file, you ought to use
: c++ and not cc when linking, too.

I'm using ${CC} in the makefile, and it seems to automagically choose the
correct tool.

: Also, you may not have relinked 'app'.  Do an ldd on app and see whether it
: has a dependency on libc_r?  Try relinking app using -pthread against a
: libplugina.so compiled with -pthread...

That was the problem.  I thought only the library with the thread calls
needed to be linked with pthread.  Apparently the app needs it as well.

Jonathon McKitrick
--
My other computer is your Windows box.