Problem with libgphoto2, Canon Ixus v2 (USB) and 5.3-STABLE

Ramiro Aceves ea1abz at wanadoo.es
Sun Mar 6 12:17:44 PST 2005

Hello Olivier

I have a Canon D-30 that works out of the box with gphoto2.

Just

#gphoto2 -P

is enough for downloading the pictures.

But I have a Canon A80 that refuses to do it without commandline tweaking.

#gphoto2 --camera "Canon PowerShot A80 (PTP)" --port "usb:" -P

If I use the simple command "gphoto2 -P" with the A80 it fails and I
have to restart the computer again to make it work (cause it fails to
recognice any usb device).

So, I suggest you to to try this command as root:

#gphoto2 --camera "Canon Digital IXUS v2" --port "usb:" -P

You can list supported cameras with

#gphoto2 --list-cameras

and try .

Tell us your experience.