reload rc.conf without rebooting

Ben Munat bent at munat.com
Sat Mar 5 13:26:33 PST 2005

Chuck Swiger wrote:
> Ben Munat wrote:
  >> PS: what keymap should I use anyway? (logitech PC keyboard... US
>> English...)
>

> Perhaps /usr/share/syscons/keymaps/us.emacs.kbd ...?

Wouldn't that be for emacs users?

Sigh... I just want my delete key to work... I got a response a while back to edit the
keymap and set it in rc.conf (which is how I got off on that whole reload rc.conf thing).

I'll read through the man page for keymap... see if I can make sense out of that. Funny
thing is, the delete works in vi (usually... I have a whole other raft of problems with
the way vi is working) but it doesn't on the command line. Well, little by little....