followup on help needed on configuring rl0

hb4j at free.fr hb4j at free.fr
Fri Mar 4 21:30:38 PST 2005

hi everyone,

I have been able to manually setup my rl0 without Xserver and BEFORE this
stinking "rl0 : watchdog timeout" error message appeared at boot time and I
could surf with NO problem, so that means that Freesbie recognizes and
initializes my realtek 8139 nic (it is integrated on my medion laptop's
motherboard) very well.

In order to do this, I had to interrupt the boot process just before the place
where the error message comes.

Any idea as to how I could fix this ?

ps : it does the same problem whether I use the Freesbie livecd or my
installation of it on my hard drive.

thanks in advance for your help :o)