Moving a directory hierarchy - best practice?

Joachim Dagerot jd at dagerot.com
Fri Mar 4 13:13:18 PST 2005

Thanks for your suggestion.

Unfortunately your commands will not affect the root folder of the hierarchy. I must create a directory in the destination path with the same name of the folder where my data is in. example:

/home/user/level1/l2/l3/l4

I would like to move level1 to a new location:

mvdir /home/user/level1 /root/

That would be awsome!