6 hours of trying to configure my printer - solved

Ted Mittelstaedt tedm at toybox.placo.com
Fri Mar 4 05:40:59 GMT 2005

Hi bsdnobody,

  Looks great to me!  apsfilter is a really nice filter program,
allowing duplexing, multiple pages per page, etc.

  Of course, you actually don't need to run it.  The real grunt work
in your scenario is being done by ghostscript, which is converting
the incoming postscript that apsfilter is massaging, into the
language that HP Deskjets understand.  Using Ghostscript in this
way works great if Ghostscript happens to support your printer
model (which it does)  Ghostscript tends to support a lot of HP
deskjet models.  The apsfilter port installed ghostscript for you.

  For people that don't have a model of printer supported by Ghostscript,
you can configure Ghostscript to pump out "ijs" format, then pump
this into the program ijsgimpprint which puts it into gimp-print.
Gimpprint http://gimp-print.sourceforge.net/ has support for a whole
lot more printers.

Ted

ing-intro-setup.html