Averatec 3200 Laptop Wireless?

Pietro Cerutti pietro.cerutti at gmail.com
Thu Mar 3 05:28:28 PST 2005

On Thu, 3 Mar 2005 04:10:32 -0800 (PST), Scorpion <ademetriojr at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Anyone got an AVERATEC 3200 Series laptop with the
> built-in wireless working?

I don't have that kind of hardware, but

> On Windows it says "802.11g MiniPC Wireless Network
> Adapter"
> I can't find the driver for my wireless connection.

The ath(4) device driver supports 802.11a and 802.11g. If your card is
based on an
Atheros chipset, you may be able to use this driver.

see the Handbook, chapter Wireless Networking:
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/network-wireless.html

You have to get the Windows drivers and compile the ndis(4) mini port
driver wrapper module.

> Please help.

Hope this helps,

--