Installation instructions for Firefox somewhere?

Peter Risdon peter at circlesquared.com
Wed Mar 2 11:38:11 GMT 2005

On Wed, 2005-03-02 at 06:08 +0100, Anthony Atkielski wrote:
> Ted Mittelstaedt writes:
>
> > The AIC7880 stuff is in the "good" category of stuff from Adaptec,
> > not the "junk" category.
>
> Well, that's nice to hear.  I guess my $9000 wasn't entirely wasted.
>
> > The people that can answer questions don't always respond.
>
> Remember what I said about problems with FreeBSD support for
> mission-critical and large-scale deployments?

This is a voluntary mailing list. If you want FreeBSD support, pay for
it - a number of companies provide it. There's no difference here
between operating systems: there are volunteer forums for BSD, Linux,
Mac, Windows. And then there's paid support.

Businesses that want support for their operating systems (who don't
support their IT deployments internally), buy that support. That's how a
lot of the contributors here make a living. But this list is NOT paid
support.

[...]
> > Also one other thing that is important - if you don't get an answer
> > within a week or so, ask again, politely.
>
> How do I ask after the second post with no reply?  On bended knee?

Nobody here has any obligation to give you the time of day, let alone
help. Taking the line that other subscribers here somehow owe you a
living will alienate some of the people who might otherwise help you. Of
course, you're can do that if you want.

Peter.