Printing to a Windows

Pietro Cerutti pietro.cerutti at gmail.com
Tue Mar 1 22:36:38 GMT 2005

On Tue, 1 Mar 2005 16:09:45 -0600, Hauan David A
<david.hauan at fairchild.af.mil> wrote:
> Please don't top post.

Sorry...

> You have created a port xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx on w2k3 with a queue
> name of HPlaserJ ?

Yes, the things on the server seem to be weel configured

> make sure cupsd is not running.

Still I don't understand CUPS' role in all this...

> the above lpq tells me there is no lpd running on
> your FBSD box, that needs to be started.
> echo lpd_enable='"YES"' >> /etc/rc.conf for startup on reboot
> /usr/local/sbin/lpc to view the status of printers and stop/start
> the lpd.

lpd_enable="YES" was in rc.conf

> If this is a HP laserjet you will have little difficulty
> getting things to work.

I have to disagree....

Well I'm reinstalling the whole CUPS package right now....

Thank you for helping!

Best Regards

--
Pietro "Piter" Cerutti