Printing to a Windows

Pietro Cerutti pietro.cerutti at gmail.com
Tue Mar 1 21:29:43 GMT 2005

Hi folks,
I would like to print from my FreeBSD box to a Windows printer on a
Win2003 server on my LAN.
I read the handbook, the CUPS documentation and the chapter on the
Absolute BSD book, but I can't get things working.

My problem is that I really can't understand the basis, how things are
connected between cups, samba and the Kde printing system.

Can anyone explain me how does the thing have to be done?

some info:
> uname -spr
FreeBSD 5.3-RELEASE i386

> pkg_info | grep cups | cut -d " " -f 1