Problem with start up script - qmail on FreeBSD 5.3 RELEASE

Hanxue Lee jehovah2 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 1 08:48:52 GMT 2005

Hi,

I am trying to install and configure qmail on FreeBSD 5.3-RELEASE.

I manage to start qmail automatically upon reboot, but whenever I
start another "daemon" through /usr/local/etc/rc.d/daemonname.sh, I
get this:

%sudo sh /usr/local/etc/rc.d/samba.sh restart
[1] 13163
Starting qmail

%sudo sh apache2.sh start
[1] 85041
Starting qmail
%sudo sh apache2.sh stop
[1] 85657
Starting qmail

Qmail is not working properly, but that is an entirely different matter.

Any clues what is producing the "Starting qmail" message? It is
definitely not in the daemonname.sh files.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Best regards,

Lee Hanxue