Recent problems with Firefox and java

Kevin G. Eliuk canonalis at dccnet.com
Tue Mar 1 03:55:14 GMT 2005

Hello,

It has been a long time since I have queried this list. I want to know
if anyone can shed some information on the current status of browser
java support.  I recently freshly reinstalled 5.3 RELEASE from CD.

I currently have:
      -FreeBSD frodo.ugaloo.org 5.3-RELEASE FreeBSD 5.3-RELEASE #0:
       Wed Feb 23
      -Mozilla Firefox 1.0.1
      -Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build
       1.4.2-p7-root_27_feb_2005_19_48)
Both are built fresh from ports.

When running firefox with java enabled, and browse to a page with a
java applet I get to following console error.
---
INTERNAL ERROR on Browser End: Exec of "java_vm" failed: 2
<
System error?:: No such file or directory
INTERNAL ERROR on Browser End: Could not read ack from child process
System error?:: Resource temporarily unavailable--
---
I have built the java port and included WITH_IPV6.  I also caught an
earlier error
and rebuilt affected ports after upgrading to linux_base-8 as per
/usr/ports/UPDATING.

Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thx

--
Cheers,