New FreeBSD wanna-be [SOLVED]

Janne Kaasalainen jpkaasal at cc.hut.fi
Thu Jun 30 06:12:13 GMT 2005

On Wed, 29 Jun 2005 11:44:26 -0500 Nikolas Britton <nikolas.britton at gmail.com>
> > Sorry for probably too long email, but till I can get the routing up
> > and running, I have limited possibilities to solve this myself.
>
> Hmm... here are a few, generic, ideas
>
> 2. With my ISP (Cable) if your hookup a new system, NIC mac address,
> directly to the cable modem, or hub that is directly connected to it,
> you have to register it with them before it will give you access to
> the Internet.

First, thanks for the all of you who helped me, those were appreciated. It
turned out to be something I should shoot myself for. Indeed, as Nikolas
suggested, it was very simple. My ISP wants me to register the subscription once
a week, and it should have been done between Sunday and Monday. Perhaps because
of a national holiday or what-ever it did not time-out before Tuesday night when
I was installing the router. Of course, having no broser on BSD box I was not
able to see the problem. Next day I tried to download the whole CD1 ISO with a
laptop and it greeted me with the registration form. After that, there has been
no surprises with the installation program. With the installation itself, there
are problems still but I bug you with those only if I can't seem to sort them
out myself.

Best regards,

Janne Kaasalainen