Ping and general network weirdness

Phil Cooper sendphilmail at gmail.com
Thu Jun 30 00:32:14 GMT 2005

Hi everybody;

Not doing too well with my first freeBSD install. I have a machine
set up with the name "fragile", no ipv6, DHCP, no ipfw, and sshd on.

Problem is, I can ping out to other machines on the network, or to
another machine on the Internet ('net connection via another winXP
machine), but neither of the other machine on the network can ping
fragile. Fragile can ping itself via localhost, but not by name.