make buildworkd fails

Nikolas Britton nikolas.britton at gmail.com
Wed Jun 29 18:27:34 GMT 2005

On 6/25/05, Gregory Nou <gregorynou at altern.org> wrote:
> Hi !
>
> I'm currently using a 6.0-current  :
> FreeBSD myhost 6.0-CURRENT FreeBSD 6.0-CURRENT #1: Thu Jun  9 00:12:03
> CEST 2005     greg at myhost:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/MYKERNEL  i386
>
> When making buildworld, I get this :
>
> (makeinfo), uid0 : exited on signal 11 on the current screen, and the
> attached problem.txt on the console running the make buildworld (lots of
> "Too many errors" before, so I don't know what exactly went wrong) .
>
> My last cvsup is from today morning, but I have this problem for at
> least 2 weeks, since a update went wrong. (even if I repaired with a
> 5.3-release CD-ROM)
>
> What should I do ?

Why are you using -CURRENT? If you have to ask for help then you
should not be using it. -CURRENT aka HEAD is for developers only and
there is no guaranty that -CURRENT will even run on a computer.

http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/current-stable.html

If you really what to run -CURRENT (you don't) then install the latest
snapshot build and don't update your system.

http://www.freebsd.org/snapshots/index.html

I recommend you reinstall 5.4, If you want to be a beta tester you
could cvsup to 5-STABLE.

http://www.freebsd.org/releases/5.4R/announce.html